Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Vintage Horror Movies...Nightmare on Elm Street!
Posted on 6:19 AM by follow me
This is a highly unusual post from me on NBVCC "the blog" as I normally only talk in vintage dress riddles, but it is high time I gave more of myself to you, dear readers.
What you might not know about me is I am an avid horror fan and have been since I was very little. Possibly due to bad parenting I have watched every horror movie out there and mostly before I was 10 years old. Nearly every movie sparks a high emotion of fear in me, but I still watch and watch again. For I love horror movies. I love the feeling of being scared, mocking the characters, the killer, the possession, wondering if it really was based on a true story??
Although I appear to be getting softer in my old age and have actually started reverting to the hand over eye coverage when the screen action gets a bit much. So why I am I blogging this and just now? Because dear readers, Bailie boy and I have decided we will dedicate every Sunday night to a "horror from our youth." So far we have watched "Nightmare on Elm Street" and "It."
What you might not know about me is I am an avid horror fan and have been since I was very little. Possibly due to bad parenting I have watched every horror movie out there and mostly before I was 10 years old. Nearly every movie sparks a high emotion of fear in me, but I still watch and watch again. For I love horror movies. I love the feeling of being scared, mocking the characters, the killer, the possession, wondering if it really was based on a true story??
Although I appear to be getting softer in my old age and have actually started reverting to the hand over eye coverage when the screen action gets a bit much. So why I am I blogging this and just now? Because dear readers, Bailie boy and I have decided we will dedicate every Sunday night to a "horror from our youth." So far we have watched "Nightmare on Elm Street" and "It."
I had wanted to watch Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) for a long time. This film used to keep me awake at night, I remember being terrified of Freddy and I had not forgotten that a very young Johnny Depp was in it so this movie was at the top of my list. Bailie boy on the other hand had such a difference experience. When he first watched Nightmare on Elm Street it was the middle of the day and he found the whole thing hilarious. I was shocked to hear this so we watched a couple of Sundays ago after 9pm with all the lights off.
I could not believe re-watching the movie that terrified me for years so much so that baths were a no, no from 8-10 years old was now funny. The film was made in 1984 so of course was dated to what our eyeballs are exposed to today, but Freddy Krueger was not even in the movie for more than 3 scenes tops. There were also some amazing eighties hair, fashion and props which I could now fully appreciate. The horror suddenly turns into a sci-fi leading me to question what the movie was even about.
I really enjoyed watching it all over again, sad that it did not live up to my memories, but secretly happy too.
What are your favourite horror movies from your childhood? Do you remember them being scary and now they seem dated? Tell me, tell me...maybe you will inspire our next week movie selection.
1, 2 Freddies coming for you.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Read more in vintage network:
Free vintage,
Vintage theme,
Style web world,
Vintage web pages,
Land of fashion,
Home shopping network,
Vintage plus,
Vintage articles,
Style articles,
Girls boutique
Free vintage,
Vintage theme,
Style web world,
Vintage web pages,
Land of fashion,
Home shopping network,
Vintage plus,
Vintage articles,
Style articles,
Girls boutique
Popular Posts
-
Don't forget to pop over and leave a comment so that Andrea @ VINTAGE BELLA will know you want to "SHOW YOUR CROWN" on June 10...
-
It is hip to be square dear readers...you heard it here! Last weekend I was asked by Motorola Flipout to style a model for the Geek Chic ...
-
So I had the HTC Hero mobile phone for over two weeks...oops. Was supposed to be two weeks exactly. You might remember me bothering you wit...
-
I gave Kae an assignment, to take TONS of pictures of her Christmasy home...and did she ever!!! So, now we can all take a Christmas tour of ...
-
Maddie's driving. DRIVING! All by herself. Going out into the world. Alone. Without her Momma beside her to keep her safe. And she has f...
-
Miss me? Miss you. I didn't know I was taking a blog break but here we are. My break will probably continue until my house empties out c...
-
I have it on good authority that the new Holiday with Matthew Mead magazine will soon be on it's on its way to those of you that ordere...
-
I had so many things I wanted to share with you this holiday season: decorations, crafts, recipes. A 6 day trip to Missouri to visit my Dad ...
-
No, seriously, a real emergency! And I need HELP! Somebody make the call! I cannot control myself! I bought more of these.... SICK! SICK! S...
-
Christmas in the studio: A nod to my Scandinavian roots. You're never too old for paper chains. A little holiday art project. The sto...

No Response to "Vintage Horror Movies...Nightmare on Elm Street!"
Leave A Reply