Friday, December 21, 2012

Sweet Tutorial

Posted on 9:27 AM by follow me

I'm running out of time to share all of the holiday posts that I wanted to. So, even though my birthday was yesterday and it was the single bestest birthday a girl ever had, I'm not going to tell you about it today. Nope. I'll save it for later and leave you hanging so that I can share with you this yummy Peppermint Bark tutorial. I hope you are loving every moment of these last days of the holiday season.

There are 2 versions of this recipe that I make. This one involves a bottom layer of melted semi sweet chocolate followed by a layer of the melted white chocolate topped with a swirl of more semi sweet chocolate. That's what I made this year but most years I just do the white chocolate with the semi swirl.

Jen's Peppermint Bark
1 or 3 12 ounce bags of semi sweet chocolate (depending on which recipe you choose)
3 12 ounce bags of semi sweet white chocolate
2 6 ounce boxes of candy canes, crushed
2 teaspoons peppermint extract

Place candy canes in a plastic bag and hammer into 1/4 inch chunks or smaller. Melt white chocolate in a double boiler. When melted add candy cane chunks & peppermint extract. Separately melt 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour white chocolate mixture onto a large cookie sheet layered with parchment or waxed paper and spread white chocolate out to edges.

Pour melted semi-sweet chocolate in ribbons over top and swirl up and down and back and forth with a butter knife.

Put in refrigerator for 45 minutes or until firm. Remove from cookie sheet and break into pieces (like peanut brittle) and package in cellophane bags.

To do a layer of semi-sweet chocolate on bottom, first melt 2 bags of semi-sweet chocolate chips and pour onto large wax paper lined cookie sheet and let harden in the refrigerate before following recipe above.

No Response to "Sweet Tutorial"

Leave A Reply

Popular Posts